It is undeniable that shooting on rough materials such as gravel, stone, and uneven surfaces will result in discomfort, and that will inevitably affect your shooting performance. Investing in the best shooting mat is never a wrong choice considering the comfort and ease you get from shooting without hassles.
You can easily do away with the stress of picking tick and dirt off your clothing after hunting as a result of laying on the floor due to the unavailability of a quality shooting mat with the use of a good shooting mat. To avoid picking a wrong shooting mat, we have the best you should consider below.
- 1 Best shooting mats
- 2 How to choose the best hunting mat?
- 3 Conclusion
Best shooting mats
1. OneTigris Non-Padded Shooting Mat SD03
- Water-resistant WILD VOYAGER Non-padded Mat SD03: Made from 1000D nylon with waterproof PU coated bottom
- Low Profile: Rolls up small and tight with compressions straps and plastic quick release buckles(unfolded size - 80"(L) x 30"(W)/200cm*76cm)
- Stake-down Design: It has grommet holes on all 6 corners to pin it to the ground during windy conditions
- MOLLE Compatible: There are two rows of 1" military spec webbing for securing extra gear if needed
2. Nc Star Rifle Case with Shooting Mat
- Constructed from Heavy Duty PVC Material
- Rifle Case unfolds into a 66" L X 35" W Shooter's Mat
- Heavy Duty zippers. Padded panels. One piece cleaning rod compartment
- Elastic bands (10 each) for individual cartridges (.30 cal cartridges)
3. AMERICAN MOUNTAIN SUPPLY Shooting Mat
- Easily transportable to remote locations, and quickly deployable. Set up your sniper Nest anywhere
- Built with durable nylon fabric for long life and abrasion resistance.
- Made with durable coated nylon fabric on the top and bottom
- Curved bipod catch allows your body to lay fully on the mat, even if you shoot your rifle at an angle from your body. Provides even pressure to both bipod feet
4. TOURBON Shooting Hunting Roll-up Gun Cleaning Mat
- Tourbon Gun Cleaning Pad is made of canvas and leather
- Soft fleece backing with one zipper pockets
- Rolls up small and tight with leather straps
- Solid for long-range shooting, hunting or military applications
5. Boyt Harness Bob Allen Tactical Shooting Mat
How to choose the best hunting mat?
There are some important factors that you need to consider when buying a hunting mat. These are so important that they help you choose the right one from the bad ones in the market. Making a wrong call is easy especially if it’s your first time doing such and that is the reason this guide is here to help you.
We have many reasons for acquiring whatever we get. Whatever reason you’ve got to acquire a hunting mat, you must ensure it meets the purpose of creating the perfect shooting atmosphere for you. It must be able to give you the comfort and balance needed to shoot rightly at your target.
This is very important as it helps you to know the quality of the mat you are getting. It is not a factor that should be overlooked at all. There are reasons you need to check. If you will be hunting all through the season and you need a shooting mat, then you should consider one with the material that won’t slip when used on muddy or wet surfaces.
Also, you need to consider if getting one with a water-resistant feature is a go for you or not. The materials in which the shooting mat is made from says much about this.
Weight and size
If you are interested in getting the best shooting mat for hunting, then you should not look any further. This page is devoted to showing you all that you need to know about using shooting mat, the styles and types you will find in the market, and some of the important things that you need to carefully consider.