If you are spending the night outdoor as a result of hunting late, you need something to keep you comfortable and warm. Using any of the sleeping bags for hunting will give you the warmth you are not likely to get with sleeping inside a canopy of a hunting tent.
Most hunters have turned their attention to the use of sleeping bags and it has proven to meet their expectations which is the reason it’s gaining recognition globally.
Our top pick for you
We know it is not possible to purchase all the sleeping bags we have discussed below. It was as well hard for us to make this selection from the lists but our choice “Featherstone Moondance” was birth by some factors that can’t be overlooked which makes them distinct.
- 1 Best sleeping quilt for backpacking
- 1.1  Featherstone Moondance
- 1.2  Kelty Cosmic 20 Degree Down Sleeping Bag
- 1.3  TETON Sports Mammoth Queen-Size Double Sleeping Bag
- 1.4  Hyke & Byke Katahdin
- 1.5  Hyke & Byke Snowmass
- 1.6  ALPS Mountaineering Blaze
- 1.7  Kelty Cosmic Synthetic Fill
- 1.8  Naturehike Ultralight Goose Down Sleeping Bag
- 1.9  Browning Camping McKinley
- 1.10  Nemo Forte Ultralight Synthetic Sleeping Bag
- 2 Choosing the best hunting sleeping bag with sleeves?
- 3 Frequently asked questions
- 4 Conclusion
Best sleeping quilt for backpacking
 Featherstone Moondance
- VERSATILE SLEEPING BAG ALTERNATIVE: Unlike any other outdoor blanket, this top quilt has the capability to match the warmth of a sleeping bag and doubles as a blanket or underquilt for a hammock
- LIGHTWEIGHT & PACKABLE: Made with DOWNTEK PFC-FREE Water Repellent 850 Fill Power Duck Down Insulation, the quilt provides superior loft, warmth to weigh ratio, and packs small and compact--great for outdoor travel
- INSULATED & COMFORTABLE: Down insulation provides superior warmth compared to synthetic insulation. The quilt has been ISO Tested with a temperature rating of 20 degrees T-Limit makes it perfect for all season camping. Silky smooth nylon provides breathability and prevents a clammy-feel during your sleep.
- ACCESSORIES: Comes with a compression stuff sack and pad straps to connect with your sleeping pad. Pair this quilt with other camp gear to make the ultimate sleep system while camping in the backcountry.
 Kelty Cosmic 20 Degree Down Sleeping Bag
- The Kelty Cosmic 20 Degree sleeping bag is ideal for 3-season backpacking and camping. Water-resistant down insulation and an array of features make this sleeping bag a great combination of value and comfort.
- This sleeping bag is insulated with 600-fill Drawdown. Renowned for efficiency in retaining heat and compressible properties, down has an incredibly soft, comfortable feel, and continues to provide the best warmth-to-weight ratio of any insulation.
- Employing a unique, innovative polymer application, Drawdown actually creates a hydrophobic finish on each individual plume of down. This treatment results in insulation that stays dry longer and dries faster.
- A draft tube behind the 60" two-way locking anti-snag zipper and an insulated hood enhance the thermal efficiency of the Cosmic 20 Degree bag.
 TETON Sports Mammoth Queen-Size Double Sleeping Bag
- COMFORTABLE FAMILY SLEEPING BAG: Soft lining; Zipper and shoulder draft tubes keep the warm air in; Unzips on each side and the bottom for easy access; Innovative fiber fill for warmth
- NEVER ROLL YOUR SLEEPING BAG AGAIN: TETON provides a great compression sack for stuffing your sleeping bag; Start at the bottom and stuff the bag in, then tighten the heavy-duty straps
- SIZE DOES MATTER: Double sleeping bag is longer and wider than queen-sized mattress; 94x62 inches (239x157 cm)
- SLEEP WARM: Fluff your sleeping bag and use a camp pad to sleep warmer; Hang loops for long-term storage to maintain maximum loft
 Hyke & Byke Katahdin
- SAVE SPACE and SHAVE WEIGHT - Filled with 625 Fill Power advanced ClusterLoft microfiber insulation, this 0 degree bag is super light, compact, and compares to a 625 fill power Down Bag but has better durability and moisture resistance.
- STAY WARM & DRY: The result of Hydrophobic insulation capabilities and waterproof fabrics - the microscopic air clusters found in our advanced synthetic creates "loft" that traps heat and keeps you warm. Extreme Limit is 10 Degrees F, Lower Limit (men) is 15 Degrees F, and Comfort Limit (women) is 32 Degrees F.
- HIKE FARTHER with the LIGHTEST MUMMY SLEEPING BAG available (Short: 3.22 lbs., Regular: 3.54 lbs. & Long: 3.91 lbs.) for this quality at the price. Compare to other big brand names to see the price difference we achieve through direct-to-consumer sales. Go camping, hiking, back packing, or bike packing with these compact bags and have room for carrying your favorite fleece blanket or silk liner, goose filled pillow, and pad.
- LONG LASTING DURABILITY from ultralight water repellent 400T 20 D ripstop nylon fabric liner with double large YKK zippers and anti-snag slider, wide shoulders and large footbox, snag-free velcro, drawstring, horizontal baffles, and compression stuff sack case for storage included. Comes in size Short (Individuals up to 5'6"), Regular (Individuals up to 6'), and Long/Tall/XL (Individuals up to 6'6").
 Hyke & Byke Snowmass
- SAVE SPACE and SHAVE WEIGHT - Our new 2019 model is designed to maximize durability, warmth, and water resistance. Our quest for the perfect solution led us to utilize Hydrophobic 650 FP Duck Down with a revolutionary ClusterLoft base. ClusterLoft performs better than down for durability under compression and moisture resistance.
- STAY WARM and DRY as a result of Hydrophobic Down insulation capabilities and waterproof fabrics - the microscopic air clusters found in down feathers creates "loft" that traps heat and keeps you warm from 10 to 40 degrees.
- HIKE FARTHER with the LIGHTEST MUMMY DOWN SLEEPING BAG available (Short: 3.23 lbs., Regular: 3.38 lbs. & Long: 3.56 lbs.) for this quality at the price. Compare to other major brand names to see the price difference we achieve through direct-to-consumer sales. Summit any mountain or camp by the summer sea with these compact bags and have room for carrying your favorite fleece blanket or silk liner, goose filled pillow, and pad.
- LONG LASTING DURABILITY from ultralight water repellent 400T 20 D ripstop nylon fabric liner with double large YKK zippers and anti-snag slider, wide shoulders and large footbox, snag-free velcro, drawstring, horizontal baffles, and compression stuff sack case for storage included. Comes in size Short (Individuals up to 5'6"), Regular (Individuals up to 6'), and Long/Tall/XL (Individuals up to 6'6"). Use for camping, back packing, hiking, and bikepacking.
 ALPS Mountaineering Blaze
 Kelty Cosmic Synthetic Fill
- the dark night: limited run dark shadow colorway, 20 degree temp rating, long size: fits sleepers up to 6ft 6in, fill weight 33oz, total weight 3lbs, stuff size (non-compressed) 16x9. 5 inches
- packability: integrated compression stuff sack, coupled with the premium packability of the synthetic fill allow the cosmic synthetic to reach minimalist standards of backpacking gear. trail weight varies by temp rating, from 2lbs 6oz to 4lbs 11oz.
- insulation: cirroloft synthetic insulation provides reliable warmth in cold and damp conditions, maintains loft for even coverage with no cold spots. temperature ratings from 0 degrees to 40 degrees, to ensure your time on the trail is comfortable.
- tailored fit: natural fit spacious footbox gives more room to wiggle your toes, and length options range to fit sleepers 5’8” to 6’6”. a handy stash pocket on the exterior of the bag for your overnight goodies and essentials in the tent.
 Naturehike Ultralight Goose Down Sleeping Bag
- 【Unique Design】Combination of mummy and envelope - Mummy upper body, fits the head better and keeps warm; Envelope lower body, can move or expose the feet. Our sleeping bag is large enough: 82.7” x 29.5”(Medium)/86.6” x 33.5”(Large).
- 【White Goose Down Filled】Selected the best 400g white goose down, 90% down content, no odor and impurities, safe and healthy for adults and kids. 750 fill power, STAY WARM AND DRY. Comfort: 41℉- 59℉; Lower Limit: 32℉.
- 【Ultralight & Portable】Weight only 1.95lbs(Medium)/2.2lbs(Large), the lightest down sleeping bag on Amazon. Each sleeping bag comes with a storage bag and a compression sack, packed size only 13.8” x 6.3”(Medium)/13.8” x 7.1”(Large). SAVE SPACE AND WEIGHT in your backpack.
- 【Long Lasting Durable】Made with the best quality 400T 20D ripstop nylon material, strong comfortable and waterproof. ZIPPERS: YKK. Easy to carry for various outdoor activities, such as camping, traveling, hiking, adventure, mountaineering, etc. It is also a great choice for hotel use.
 Browning Camping McKinley
- Outer shell made of extremely durable 210T nylon diamond rip stop fabric paired with a brushed polyester liner
- Designed to keep you warm during extreme weather this -30 degree bag is filled with our 7 denier TechLoft Silver insulation
- Insulated chest and zipper baffle with two-layer construction s to trap in maximum heat and prevent unwanted cold spots
- Our Browning Camping McKinley Sleeping Bag is on our best sellers list a must-have in your camping collection
 Nemo Forte Ultralight Synthetic Sleeping Bag
- ULTRALIGHT - Backpacking sleeping bags are all about weight, which is why we made the Forte ultralight and ultra-compressible. With a minimum weight of 3 lb and a packed size of 11.5 x 9 in dia, you’ll have plenty of room in your pack for other essentials. Plus, the Forte offers luxury features, like an integrated pillow pocket.
- DON’T SETTLE - For decades sleeping bags have made you choose between warmth, compression, weight, and moisture, never providing an option that does it all. We’re changing the game. PrimaLoft RISE insulation increases heat retention and compressibility that matches or beats 650-fill-power down—ideal for 3-season camping.
- UP TO THE GILLS IN WARMTH - Worried about getting too warm? Thermo Gill technology allows you to vent body heat without letting cold drafts in your sleeping bag. We don’t stop there. Our Blanket Fold functions as an external draft collar for tucked-in comfort and temperature regulation.
- LET’S SPOON - Side sleepers, we’ve got you covered. Our Classic Spoon shape contours your body for comfortable side sleeping and limited weight. You’ll wake up refreshed and ready to tackle your next backpacking adventure.
Choosing the best hunting sleeping bag with sleeves?
There are important things that you need to give attention to whenever you want to bug a sleeping bag. The primary reason for getting a sleeping bag is to keep you warm and comfortable. Therefore, you need to know some things which thus determine is a sleeping bag is the best for you or not.
You need to know the temperature rating of the sleeping bag you are about to buy. Apparently, the standard EN/ISO for sleeping bag ratings are always between 20 to 26 degrees. Getting a sleeping bag within this range is still a good decision.
Sleeping bag with a rating from 10 to 15 degree is also a considerable choice but it might not keep you comfortable in some situation unlike using a standard rated temperature sleeping bag.
Types of Insulation
You can’t overlook the part of insulation when getting a sleeping bag that you will use for hunting. There are different hunting seasons and to be considerate with the seasons, the insulation is a must factor to consider. There are two types of insulation that you need to know about.
The first is the synthetic insulation. It is very cheap, bulky, and insulate very well. Its potency can only last for five to ten years and it doesn’t insulate in wet condition.
The second is known as down insulation and it is the preferred choice for hunters. It also doesn’t insulate when wet, it is very light and easy to carry and use. Also, if has a good lifespan of close to 15 years before it loses its potency.
Weight of the sleeping bag
The weight of the sleeping bag is another part of the bag you need to consider. If you are getting a sleeping bag that is too heavy for you to use, then it will become less inspiring and discouraging to use.
So, with the fact that the down is lightweight and easy to carry, it tells that it is not too heavy. So, for those that can’t deal with a sleeping bag that is heavy, a down style is the best option. Also, you might need to check the label from the manufacturer to know the weight capacity of the sleeping bag.
The sleeping pad should never be overlooked. It is very important and quite hard to push aside. It is not possible for a sleeping bag to give the warmth and heat needed to stay warm without a sleeping pad. Its primary function is to enhance the warmth process and ensure you are warm at all time you have the sleeping bag in use.
The fact about the sleeping bag is that most of them are one size fits all. So, you are likely going to get one that will fit you in the market. But, considering that body mass and height differs, it doesn’t make any sense to get a sleeping bag that is too long when you are short or a short one when you are long. It is the reason you need to consider the one with a perfect snug fit whenever you are out there to get a sleeping bag.
Well, you might not have to give much attention to this. It is important but one can do away with it especially if you are the type that sleeps without using a pillow. For the side sleeper, it is very important that you consider using a pillow because it will enhance your comfort with the sleeping and ensure you have the best rest you ever desire after a long hunting outing.
Your budget is also one of those things that you should consider. There ar cheap and expensive sleeping bags in the market. Getting a cheap one may be a waste of resources for you and it might not have the capacity to withstand any environmental condition such as heat, snow and many more. The important part of this section is that you should opt for a quality one even if it requires that you save up for it.
Frequently asked questions
What is the best cold weather sleeping bag?
A sleeping bag is said to be the best in cold weather if only it can keep the user warm. There are many factors or features that need to be considered about a sleeping bag if it can be used during cold weather season. The padding, the quality of the inner material, and ability to trap the body heat are features or factors to consider. However, if you are getting a sleeping bag for the cold-weather season, you are advised to check that which the manufacturer has said about the sleeping bag before buying.
Is it OK to put a sleeping bag in the washing machine?
It is appropriate and a very good thing for you to clean your sleeping bag regularly. How then can you clean it? do you have to wash using your hands or a washing machine? The answer to the questions can simply be seen on the instruction manual or product description from the manufacturer. Not all sleeping bag can be used in the washing machine. So, you need to be informed about how to wash your sleeping bag before taking any action.
Is it warmer in a sleeping bag with less clothes on?
The primary purpose of using a sleeping bag is to keep you warm and comfortable. A sleeping bag does that by trapping the body heat. Therefore, wearing your clothes will ensure there is no or little chance for your body heat to escape thereby enhancing the insulation to keep you warm. So, wearing your clothes and using a sleeping bag thus helps to keep you warmer.
Do sleeping bags expire?
No. Do not allow anyone to mislead you with vague information. Sleeping bags do not expire. That which is important is that you take necessary maintenance measures to ensure you prolong the lifespan.
How to pack a sleeping bag?
Watch the video below on how to pack your sleeping bag without hassles.
Choosing the perfect sleeping bags for hunting can be a mountain you will find so difficult to climb because of lots of factors involved. We have carefully put this into consideration, and that is the reason we have the lists of the top-rated sleeping bags you can consider. Choosing from the best brands, considering lots of factors and features, we can bet you are just going to love your selection from the list above without regret.